Welcome to the website of the Southwest Branch of the Wisconsin Section of ASCE. Here you can find information about our monthly meetings, our officers, Board of Directors, committee chairs, outreach and community service opportunities, and more.
The Southwest Branch is one of four branches in the Section. We are your local connection to ASCE and represent members in the Southwest portion of the state, including the cities of Madison, Platteville, Janesville, Baraboo, and others. In addition, we have two very active and enthusiastic Student Chapters at University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
If you’re an ASCE member under the age of 35, we hope you take the opportunity to get involved with our Younger Member Committee as well. We schedule frequent volunteer opportunities and social meet-ups, so if you’re new to the community or have been here a while and want to meet some great new people, consider getting involved!
In order to best keep up to date with all the happenings in the branch and the Younger Members, please make sure your email is up to date with ASCE. This is the quickest way to learn about everything that is happening at the branch level, including meeting announcements, newsletters, and volunteer opportunities. You can either update your membership information on the website at asce.org or call (800) 548-2723.
There are many ways for you to gain value from your membership in the Southwest Branch:
- Maintain license requirements through PDHs by attending our branch meetings
- NEW THIS YEAR is five FREE PDHs provided through ASCE national
- Network with other civil engineers in the area
- Learn about the new and exciting engineering projects done by local engineers
- Tour construction sites of interesting area projects
- Support university students through scholarship donation
- Volunteer in the community with one of our many volunteer opportunities throughout the year
- Mentor students through one of our student chapters or as a professional mentor for Engineers Without Borders
- Attend or present at regional technical conferences or meetings
- Participate in leadership opportunities by volunteering for branch board positions
- Interact on social media with our Facebook or LinkedIn pages
I am interested in hearing what you would like to see from Branch this year. Please send your ideas and suggestions to me at the email address listed below. This is your Branch and you have a say in how it is run. Better yet, get involved!
Please feel free to contact us with any ideas that you may have to make the Southwest Branch experience the best for your professional experience.
I’m looking forward to a great year and hope to see many of you at our monthly meetings!
Amanda Stone, P.E., M.ASCE
SW Branch President, 2013-2014