May 10th, 2013
Our latest news and highlights for the month of May are listed below. If you have any exciting news about civil engineers in our community, let us know!
- In the La Crosse area? Join the Northwest Branch for their meeting with a presentation on the I-90 Mississippi River bridge design. Their meeting is on Thursday, June 6th from 5 to 8 pm at the Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center. See the meeting website for more details and RSVP.
- Our latest newsletter is here. Find our latest president’s message, updates about the Younger Member Committee, details about our May tour and social hour, and a special election for next the president-elect and treasurer positions for next year.
- The next branch meeting will be on May 23rd. We will have a construction tour of Epic in Verona lead by JP Cullen followed by a networking social hour at Gray’s Tied House. Please RSVP by May 20th so we know how many people will be coming.
- Special election! Please see our May newsletter for information about a special election for president-elect and treasurer.
- Opportunities to get involved! We are always looking for people to get involved with all levels of planning for the branch. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community, network, and boost your resume! Contact us for more information.
- Are you on LinkedIn? Come join our new group page to network with other branch members!
October 1st, 2012
Welcome to the website of the Southwest Branch of the Wisconsin Section of ASCE. Here you can find information about our monthly meetings, our officers, Board of Directors, committee chairs, outreach and community service opportunities, and more.
The Southwest Branch is one of four branches in the Section. We are your local connection to ASCE and represent members in the Southwest portion of the state, including the cities of Madison, Platteville, Janesville, Baraboo, and others. In addition, we have two very active and enthusiastic Student Chapters at University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
The Joint Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, Professional Engineers, & Designers & Land Surveyors now requires continuing education for all professional engineers. The new law went into effect on August 1, 2012 and PDH credits must be earned before your license renewal in 2014. The SW Branch is committed to doing what it can to help you comply with the requirements of the law now in effect. One way in which we can help you is to provide high quality, educational programs at our monthly meetings and to keep you informed of other activities that will allow you to accrue the required number of PDH credits.
I am interested in hearing what you would like to see from Branch this year. Please send your ideas and suggestions to me at the email address listed below. This is your Branch and you have a say in how it is run. Better yet, get involved!
Please feel free to contact us with any ideas that you may have for improvement to our website.
I look forward to another great year in the Southwest Branch and to seeing many of you at our monthly meetings.
Larry Ryan, P.E., M.ASCE
SW Branch President, 2012–2013
February 25th, 2013
Geographic Services is proud to announce the Continuing Education Schedule of seminars and workshops for Spring/Summer 2013 in your geographic area. These seminars/workshops have been produced by ASCE’s Continuing Education Department with your members in mind. This new schedule has been placed under the Links tab on each Region website.
September 29th, 2012
ASCE’s Geographic Services is proud to announce the Continuing Education Schedule of seminars and workshops for Fall 2012 and Winter 2013 scheduled in our geographic area. These seminars/workshops have been produced by ASCE’s Continuing Education Department with you in mind. Click here for the new schedule.