Our latest news and highlights for the fall are listed below. If you have any exciting news about civil engineers in our community, let us know!
- Check out our April newsletter here.
- Join us as our regional secretary, John Frauenhoffer, speaks about forensic engineering at the Great Dane in Fitchburg on Wednesday, April 23rd over the lunch hour. Professionals will get 0.5 PDH for attending and students are welcome to attend as well (free of charge!). See our event website for more information.
- Congratulations to the UW-Platteville student chapter for successfully hosting the regional Steel Bridge competition at the end of March. Their hard work and extensive planning for the event paid off with a successful competition. Check out our Facebook page to see pictures from the event.
- Congratulations to the UW-Madison student chapter for their win at the Great Lakes regional concrete canoe competition. On to nationals! Check out their page for more information.
- Our May meeting will be our annual joint meeting with WSPE at Fitzgerald’s in Middleton. Our speaker will be Tom Beekman from the Wisconsin DOT who will be discussing frac mining in the us. Watch your inbox for a Constant Contact invite coming soon!
- Opportunities to get involved! We are always looking for people to get involved with all levels of planning for the branch. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community, network, and boost your resume! Contact us for more information.
- Are you on LinkedIn? Come join our new group page to network with other branch members!
- A summary of our generous scholarship donors from 2013 can now be found on our Scholarships page. Go here to see how you can help in 2014.